Saturday, July 5, 2014

A Well Chosen Gift

 

20140508_163851_1_resized

Oh the delights of motherhood continue, through all the hard times we may have, there are so many more joy filled moments with laughter and spontaneity at the core.

For Julia's 6th birthday, I had mountains of fun filling a sewing box for her.  Mum and I hunted around for the perfect box, which took forever. We then had so much fun filling it with a whole lot of sewing bits and bobs from pins and needles, to scissors and felt, ribbon, thimbles, buttons, etc.

The joy of watching her bring that sewing box out now all by herself, to start sewing projects is adorable.  So far she has sewn a skirt and hat for our Boston terrier, Amy, along with a patchwork blanket that is a work in progress. She has just started beading, stuffing and stitching felt xmas tree decorations for gifts.

I’m grateful because I know in my heart that my daughter loves this gift from my heart to hers. Sewing has been a very big part of my childhood as well as Julia’s.  It comforts me to know that she will probably have that box forever and hopefully will always have fond recollections of us just chatting away whilst creating, needle and thread in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment