Oooohhhh – I have soooo much to be grateful for. This weekend away was so FANTASTIC and revitalising in EVERY way that on a whim on Sunday morning we decided to stay an extra night!
Such a beautiful place – Simonskloof Mountain Retreat near Montagu.
- no electricity, solar only but no lights, paraffin lanterns and candles to light the house at night, to cook by, to read by, to shower by etc., – took our camping headlights though and another camping lamp we have (all this was just sooo relaxing)
- no noise pollution or pollution of any kind around us and un interrupted magnificant views of the mountains and fynbos vistas
- being the only family to stay in the one of 3 places available so having an extra quiet time!
- having an old Dover wood burning stove to heat the room and to cook in and 2 simple gas hotplates – simple and rustic!
- no cellphones, no computers, no music, only the sound of wood burning, julias sleeping, joes snoring and us chatting and sipping wine.
I will be sending pics of the holiday and gratitude for the extra special things about it as took a ton of pics, but here is a start! – the cottage, the views, the farm